Table of Contents
- 1 What is the meaning of programmed instruction?
- 2 What are the types of programmed instruction?
- 3 What are the advantages of programmed instruction?
- 4 What are the nature and principles of program instruction?
- 5 What are the basic principles of programmed instruction?
- 6 What is the characteristics of backward branching programming?
- 7 What is branching programmed instruction?
- 8 What is forward and backward branching?
- 9 What is meant by branching?
- 10 What are different branching strategies?
- 11 What do all types of program branching do?
- 12 What is branching and what are the three types of branching?
- 13 Is if else a branching statement?
- 14 Which is the multiple branching statement?
- 15 What is difference between branching and looping?
- 16 Which loop is faster in C language?
- 17 Which loop is guaranteed to execute at least one time?
- 18 What are the looping statements?
- 19 What are the two categories of looping statements?
- 20 What is looping and its types?
What is the meaning of programmed instruction?
“Programmed instruction is the process of arranging the material to be learned into a series. of sequential steps, usually it moves the student’ from a familiar background into a complex. and new set of concepts, principles and understanding.”
What are the types of programmed instruction?
There are three types of programming.
- Linear Programming.
- Branching Programming.
- Principles of small step.
- Principle of Active responding.
- Principle of immediate confirmation.
- Principle of self pacing.
- Principle of student testing.
What are the advantages of programmed instruction?
Advantages of Programmed Instruction: 1) The main emphasis is on individual differences and student‟s involvement. 2) Students may learn at their own pace. 3) Students are exposed only to correct responses, therefore, possibility to commit errors is reduced.
What are the nature and principles of program instruction?
Programmed instruction rests on the principle of self-pacing. It recognizes the individual differences of the learners. This principle is based on the assumption that each learner can work each step as slowly or as quickly, depending upon his/her pace.
What are the basic principles of programmed instruction?
The following principles are considered to be the basic ones for programmed learning:
- Objective specification: ADVERTISEMENTS:
- Small Step Size:
- Overt Responding:
- Success or Minimal Error:
- Immediate feedback:
- Logical, graded progress:
- Self Pacing:
What is the characteristics of backward branching programming?
So that he can read it again and answer it correctly in the light of the remedial materials he has received. So the learner who has committed error goes through the same frame twice. (Once before the remedial material and once the after the remedial material).
What is branching programmed instruction?
another kind of programmed instruction—called branching programming—students are given a piece of information, provided with alternative answers to questions, and, on the basis of their decision, detoured, if necessary, to remedial study or sent on to the next section of the program.
What is forward and backward branching?
The forward branch skips three instructions. The backward branch creates an infinite loop. Branches are used to change execution flow. Most assemblers hide the details of a branch instruction encoding by using labels. In this example, forward and backward are the labels.
What is meant by branching?
Branching is the practice of creating copies of programs or objects in development to work in parallel versions, retaining the original and working on the branch or making different changes to each.
What are different branching strategies?
- Trunk-based Development (No Branching)
- Release Branching.
- Feature Branching.
- Story or Task Branching.
- Manual Code Review and Merge.
- Minimal Continuous Integration.
- Continuous Integration Pipeline with Quality Gates.
What do all types of program branching do?
Branching statements allow the flow of execution to jump to a different part of the program. The common branching statements used within other control structures include: break , continue , return , and goto .
What is branching and what are the three types of branching?
Java has mainly three branching statements, i.e., continue, break, and return. The branching statements allow us to exit from a control statement when a certain condition meet. In Java, continue and break statements are two essential branching statements used with the control statements.
Is if else a branching statement?
Unlike the if –statement, no expression is provided to else , as the else block executes for every situation in which the if -expression is false. In the above code snippet, the else branch executes when x is a negative number, such as -42 . But it will also execute if x is exactly 0 .
Which is the multiple branching statement?
Multiway branch is the change to a program’s control flow based upon a value matching a selected criteria. It is a form of conditional statement.
What is difference between branching and looping?
The looping statement types are While End While , Do Loop , For Next , and For Each Next . As with the branching statements, the basic syntax and operation of these Visual Basic . You can pass control to the first statement following either type of looping statement by using either an Exit While or Exit Do statement.
Which loop is faster in C language?
Let’s compare the While loop on the list and an array. And the output of While loop is as below. The While loop is faster at looping through the list.
Which loop is guaranteed to execute at least one time?
The only loop that will always get executed is the do while loop. As far as the do while loop is considered then the condition is not evaluated until you reach the end of a loop. Because of this nature of it a do while loop will always get executed at least once.
What are the looping statements?
Looping statement are the statements execute one or more statement repeatedly several number of times. In C programming language there are three types of loops; while, for and do-while.
What are the two categories of looping statements?
Loops are of 2 types: entry-controlled and exit-controlled. ‘C’ programming provides us 1) while 2) do-while and 3) for loop. For and while loop is entry-controlled loops. Do-while is an exit-controlled loop.
What is looping and its types?
In computer science, a loop is a programming structure that repeats a sequence of instructions until a specific condition is met. Loops are supported by all modern programming languages, though their implementations and syntax may differ. Two of the most common types of loops are the while loop and the for loop.